2017 Southwest Gwinnett Chamber
Program of Work
The Southwest Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce will advance the economic, educational and cultural growth of Berkeley Lake, Norcross and Peachtree Corners to enhance the quality of living in our communities and to foster continuous improvements of the tri-city area as the place to live, work and enjoy a sustained healthy quality of life.
SIGNATURE PROJECTThe Southwest Gwinnett Chamber's 2017 Signature Project, "Curb Appeal Matters", will groom the entrane to Southwest Gwinnett County. he Chamber will work with the Department of Transportation and our Community Partners to "beautify" the wooded area where Peachtree Industrial Boulevard splits into Peachtree Parkway at the entrances to Norcross and Peachtree Corners. Our community's Curb Appeal Matters, and the Chamber wants to lead the initiative to make the wooded area more inviting and beautiful.
ADVOCATEChairman: Terri Hoye
The Southwest Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce will be the advocate for businesses, churches, organizations and homeowners in Berkeley Lake, Norcross and Peachtree Corners. The mission of these Chamber outreach programs is to enhance and support our community, our values and our quality of life.
- Develop a Southwest Gwinnett Hospitality Council. The Hospitality Council will bring together ALL of the restaurants, lounges, hotels, motels, coffee shops and other businesses associated with the hospitality industry to meet regularly and address any problems/issues that would help them be more successful.
- Partner with other Chambers of Commerce. The Chamber will develop a consortium of Chambers in the Atlanta northeast metro area to address any local, regional, state and federal legislation that would impact southwest Gwinnett businesses.
- Partner with the Georgia Center for Opportunity to promote the "Hiring Well/Doing Good" initiative in Gwinnett County. The Chamber will promote workforce development in Southwest Gwinnett County by co-hosting an event in collaboration with local agencies and business leaders to provide opportunities for those who are unemployed or underemployed in the tri-city area.
- Promote education in Southwest Gwinnett. The Chamber will work with school administrators and teachers for all of the schools in the area to improve education in Southwest Gwinnett County.
Chairman: Dru Ferris
The Chamber will continue to build and nurture a “pro-business environment” in Berkeley Lake, Norcross and Peachtree Corners by providing access to the businesses in our area, promoting a healthy business climate to local and regional government and encouraging those who live and work in Southwest Gwinnett to buy here first!
- Publish a Southwest Gwinnett Restaurant / Hotel Guide. The guide will include all of the restaurants, lounges, hotels, motels, etc. in the area and be distributed throughout the community.
- Represent area businesses at local and county government meetings. The Chamber will represent our members at all meetings of the Berkeley Lake, Norcross and Peachtree Corners city council meetings, the Gwinnett Village CID board meetings and meetings of the Gwinnett County Commission. The SWG Chamber will distribute any information from those meetings of interest and importance to our Chamber members.
- Publish an annual report on “Doing Business in Southwest Gwinnett County.” This report will provide business statistics for our community and promote the three cities as a great place to “live – work – play”.
- Establish a portal of business services for Chamber members. The Chamber will organize and coordinate “member to member” services for those who need assistance in human resources, accounting, legal and other professional services.
CONNECTChairman: Weare Gratwick
The Southwest Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce will expand and enhance our program to connect and promote our members with other businesses and organizations in the region.
- Sponsor an annual event to draw attention to Southwest Gwinnett County. The Chamber will promote “live – work – play” in Southwest Gwinnett by hosting an annual event to showcase Berkeley Lake, Norcross and Peachtree Corners.
- Enhance and expand networking opportunities. The Chamber will focus on providing quality events that promote “business to business” opportunities to maximize their impact for our members and the community. This will include new formats for First Friday, Lunch & Learn and Business After Hours.
- Develop and implement new events. In addition to the three regular Chamber events, we will develop and implement new ways for our members to connect and sell their products and services to a wider audience.